The Minister of Science, Research and Technology (MSRT) issued a decree appointing Dr. Seyed Habibollah Mirghafoori as the Head of Yazd Science and Technology Park.
According to the report of Public Relations of Yazd Science and Technology Park, quoted by Department of Public Relations of the Ministry of Science, Dr. Mohammad Ali Zolfigol addressed Dr. Mirghafoori in this appointment decree: “considering your commitment, expertise, and experience as well as suggestion of respected minister of Technology and Innovation, you will be appointed as the Head of Yazd Science and Technology Park for four years.”
The Minister of Science expressed hope that Dr. Mirghafoori would play a worthy role in achieving the goals of the science, technology and innovation system, especially in development of Park and incubation centers, solving the upcoming problems of companies and knowledge-based institutions located in the Park.
The following items have been emphasized in the decree to be prioritized in the executive work:
– Synergistic interaction and evolution with Provincial Government, universities, and other executive agencies, private and public industries.
– Creating suitable infrastructure for the Park to promote the quality and quantity of required services for business of companies and technology units.
– Laying the software and hardware groundwork for innovation emergence.
– Playing an effective role and active participation in promoting biome of innovation and region’s technology
– Designing the necessary mechanism for professional human force in different areas and levels required by Science and Technology Park.
– Paying special attention to the unemployment problem and trying to create knowledge-based employment plans and changing the job seeking culture to entrepreneurship.
– Developing an operational mechanism to realize the diplomacy and authority of innovation as well as monitoring the emerging technologies.
– Utilizing the private and non-governmental sectors’ capacities to the realization of knowledge-based economy.
– Trying to have mission-oriented Park and create technology poles.
– Policy making, planning, and recruitment of technology learner, assistant, and postdoctoral technology.
– Engineering the large-scale technology projects and converting them into micro-projects and handing them over knowledge-based companies for implementation.
He expressed his hope that Dr. Mirghafoori will play a worthy role in achieving the goals of science and technology system and improving the performance of this field by trusting God, using personal wisdom, and cooperation with the presidents of other universities and Science and Technology Parks.
In a separate letter, Minister of Science, Research, and Technology, thanked Mohammad Mehdi Lotfi, former Head of Yazd Science and Technology Park, for his efforts and services during his tenure.
Dr. Seyed Habibollah Mirghafoori is an associate professor at the faculty of Economics, Management, and Accounting of Yazd University and has previously been the dean at University of Arts and Culture, Elites Foundation, Academic Center for Education, Culture and Research of Yazd Province, and Faculty of Accounting of Yazd University.
Public Relations of Yazd Science and Technology Park congratulated and welcomed Dr. Mirghafoori as the new Head of Yazd Science and Technology Park and wished him rising success while wished Dr. Mohammad Mehdi Lotfi, former Head of Yazd Science and Technology Park, health and success.